Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Behind the Scenes of Shooting New Videos

Hey all,

If you read my posts, you know I am always harping VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO!

Today, I filmed a bunch of new videos for my counseling website, for YourGoogleGuy, as well as a couple of other new website/ventures.

I took out my own Flip HD cam to shoot 3 minutes of behind the scenes, so you can see what you might expect if you hire a videographer.

The video is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig4pjXFC-Ws

Some other notes I'd put in, based on today's session:

* for professional video, noise is a BIG no-no! My officemate had a very loud client, so we took our lunch break. We had to take multiple takes because of seaplanes taking off (I'm on Lake Union), the suite door opening, a phone ringing, and more. Be sure the place you're filming can have some quiet, or else it just might not work.
* I brought multiple shirts to the taping (especially in case I dripped at lunch)
* I averaged about 6 takes on each of the 7 videos. On one, I did 14 takes.
* to me, sincerity and authenticity are more important then reading lines perfectly. I had a few imperfections, but kept the takes because I felt more present.

The more you do this, the easier it gets. You might want to buy a camera like a Flip HD cam (I got one on eBay for $50) and practice.

OK, off to sleep! Take care, Peter
Website Marketing for Private Practice Therapists

No comments: