Well, two people have requested reviews, and tonight I am getting to the first one. So, without further ado, here are my thoughts on mckinziecounseling.com.
I'll take this on in my new-found way, which is by saying is this were my website I would...
- Not have the headshot fade out - I'd have it all strong
- Not have the "search the web" box on top - why send people off your site?
- Have something about my geographic location visible (maybe in the top banner, like adding "in Frisco and Plano, TX")
- Have contact info (phone & email) on every page (at the bottom is a great way to do it, or under the menu system on the left).
- Clean up the pronoun usage in "About Cheryl" (it says "I" and "my" and then "she" in the next sentence).
Those are my quick to-dos. Overall, I like the site. It's got a nice feel to it. My reaction is it's professional, I get a feel for who this person is, it's easy to navigate, the menu is laid out clearly, the colors soothing (and they do together - this has been designed not just thrown together). It looks to be a Microsoft product (so much nicer than the old FrontPage crap).
I could find things to critique in the text but these would be nits (other than the pronoun consistancy, as noted).
Good job Cheryl!
YourGoogleGuy - All the Web Marketing a Good Therapist Needs